Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why David Archuleta is a Tool

Ugh...don't get me wrong, he's a nice kid, but he's not great. But he will win.

After last night's performances, I was cemented in the fact that Cook is a real artist and Archuleta is a tool, ready and willing to be molded by the American Idol minions. Sure the boy can sing, and that's exactly what the producers want -- someone whom they can make money off of. Honestly, Cook is better off persuing the route of Daughtry. And he will be much more sucessful than Archuleta. Mark my words!

Last night, Cook showed that he is versatile, has a great vocal range, is creative (that's been a season-long showing) and is just an all-around more talented musician than the 16-year-old "prodigy". Gosh I hate that word. Clive Davis is a genius in the two songs he picked and finally someone tackled a U2 gem.

Archuleta sings the same song every time with that same nasally tone, squinted eyes, bobbing head, lip-licking and odd hand guestures. He's awkward and I really have a hard time believing serious, deep songs coming from a teenager. Although I respect teens a great deal, they have not experienced the hardships of the world or the facets of love...how can they convince me they are singing these things from their hearts? Also, give up on the humility after the judges comments. I just can't take it anymore. Grow a pair and at least act like you think you're talented and deserving of the praise they give you.

David Cook is humble in a way that is not annoying. Maybe I'm a bit biased toward a KC boy, but seriously, he should win, even though I don't want him to. He's better off.

And thanks David Cook for the small slam about Archuleta repeating a song. It's about growth and a repeat will never be as good as we remember it.

Shipps...out.

No comments: